Position: Senior Developer
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Skill must haves
● 5 years of experience
● Strong object-oriented programming understanding and application.
● Very comfortable in Linux
● Docker experience
● Strong MEAN stack experience
● Java or Scala experience
● Strong MySQL
● Experience in SOA / Microservices / Distributed systems
Nice to haves
● Kubernetes experience
● AWS experience
● CI/CD experience
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Waterfront, Cape Town
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Undertake detailed analysis to develop insights that support decision-making for optimising client experience (current and future states) and business scalability
• Undertake research to support decisions related to optimising client experience in new and existing channels,
• Analyse the impact of projects/changes and develop plans to manage changes
• Report regularly regarding progress on client experience and business scalability projects and changes
• Assist with day-to-day and adhoc analysis
Project Delivery • Lead or support the development of business requirements for projects and changes as directed by analytical insights and business need • Lead (or support) projects which deliver client experience/servicing solutions • Support the implementation of cross-functional projects which have client experience impacts systems
• Lead or support problem identification, requirements documentation and system specifications definition in conjunction with IT and other relevant stakeholders
• Engage with domain owners and IT on major issues regarding current and desired system performance
Relationship Management • Build and cultivate a network of relationships across the business, particularly with IT and other key stakeholders who work with the Client Service Centre (CSC) and have an impact on client experience and business scalability • Serve as a primary point of contact for major CSC issues related to systems, processes and/or staff training related projects, including system access and rights
3. EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant Business/Commerce/BSc Degree with specialisation in statistics, finance, mathematics, physics, engineering, information systems etc.
• Strong analytical orientation
• Experience leading projects related to solution delivery
• Experience that demonstrates ability to solve problems and deal with complexity
• Experience with client relationship management systems, investment products and processes is an advantage
• Experience managing people is an advantage
Position: PHP Developer
Location: Table View, Cape Town
– Minimum 3 years web development experience
– Excellent PHP and object-orientated coding knowledge and experience
– Experience with one or more MVC PHP frameworks, (Laravel, Code Igniter, etc…)
– Solid understanding of MySQL, relational database design and writing complex SQL queries
– Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SASS (beneficial)
BONUS SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
– Experience in slicing PSD to cross browser, responsive, pixel perfect websites
– WordPress experience
Position: PHP Developer
Location: Somerset West, Cape Town
• Broad experience in overall system design and implementation.
• Strong Software Developer well versed in Java server side technologies.
• Java experience with Multithreading, Annotations, Reflection, Collections and Generics.
• Good working knowledge of SQL Databases – and specifically JPA 2.0 / Hibernate.
• Experience in creating and consuming web services in JSON.
• Proven experience designing persistence and caching models using SQL.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Experience creating platforms that support multiple clients.
Nice to Haves
• Experience with Polymer.
• Experience with GWT.
• Experience with lua script.
• Experience with a J2EE server cluster (Tomcat).
• Experience with a MySQL or Maria DB cluster.
• General familiarity with a Linux server environment.
• Experience working with RSA/AES encryption and cryptographic hashes.
• Experience parsing and interpreting a variety of custom data formats.
Position: Client Services Consultants
Location: Waterfront, Cape Town
Our client is a leading investment management company. They are looking for exceptional Client Service Consultants to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity to get a foot on the ladder and grow with a truly exceptional organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Relevant business degree or studying towards one (Essential) • Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential) • Knowledge and interest in finance and investment management • Multilingual (Advantageous)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills • Numeric ability • Client focussed, friendly and empathetic manner • Accuracy and attention to detail • Self-control • Initiative • Analytical Thinking • Professionalism • Administration Skills • Adaptability • Stress tolerance • Ability to relate to others • Ability to deal with complexity • Ability to prioritise and function positively under pressure • Ability to function as part of a team • Accept accountability and take responsibility for tasks done • Computer literacy
Position: UX Designer
Location: Claremont, Cape Town
Salary: ZAR250k (Negotiable)
You should have a rare combination of creativity and analytical skills. You’ll be able to expand a feature request into set of mockup interfaces, refine them based on interaction with development and stakeholders and eventually produce dev-ready prototypes. You’ll have an understanding of responsive design, and be able to apply it (and maybe have some ideas on when not to).
Ideally, you’ve got 3 years experience in interface and web design and you’re looking to apply those skills in a startup environment. We want to meet like-minded folk who want to satisfy customers completely and challenge themselves at the same time. You should be comfortable producing outputs in both mockup / prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq Mockups). Experience working with a digital designer to produce high-defs is advantageous.
Position: Data Science Specialist / AI Machine Learning
Location: Century City, Cape Town
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Building scalable models used for recognition on an ever increasing scale
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Building AI/Machine Learning algorithms to automatically improve pattern recognition processes
Key skills and experience
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, OpenCV, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
• Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
• Proficiency in Biometric data analysis, particularly fingerprint and facial recognition
• Experience with speaker recognition technologies beneficial
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig and/or ReQL
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase and/or RethinkDB
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Good scripting and programming skills
• Data-oriented personality
• Experience and knowledge of Blockchain technologies will be highly advantageous
Position: Product Owner – Credit Decision
Location: Cape Town
Function: Product and Change Delivery
Reports to: Product Delivery Manager
Purpose: Enable the business to achieve its goals by delivering Wonga South Africa’s product lines. Deliver great products on time, on budget and to quality.
• Be responsible for delivering the roadmap for Wonga South Africa’s credit decisioning related products
• Work with the Product Delivery Manager and Product Manager(s) to translate the roadmap this into appropriate backlog(s) and user stories
• Deliver solutions for the credit risk, strategy, testing and process components of the credit decision systems
• Deliver products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
• Drive and review business requirements (including Proposition design, customer journeys etc.)
• Write user story level business and functional specifications and corresponding acceptance criteria
• Involve the team to provide development estimates
• Ensure adequate sign off on specifications from relevant stakeholders
• Creates Product Backlog(s) from the business requirements and priorities
• Manage inter development team dependencies, signs off and agree to BAU releases
• Run a quality process around product delivery to minimise the risk of customer detriment
• Assists project manager or stakeholders with the development of project initiation documents
• Contribute to the improvement the Product Delivery processes and ways of working with the wider business
• Works with Product Delivery team during sprints to continuously clarify user stories or provide context to ensure all stories can be developed without impediment
• Work with the PDM and CTO to participate in the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
• Identify, escalate and manage risks
• Work with key business stakeholders to ensure non-product functions are integrated into initiatives
• Ensure long term sustainability of the products through collaboration and with technical architects
Qualifications and Experience
• Under-graduate/graduate level education (preferably Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar)
• Experience in establishing, improving and driving adherence to processes
• Experience in credit lifecycle and credit decisioning platforms
• Experience of software development and product / major feature launches
• Experience of ‘bringing the company with you’, particularly departments not in the same reporting line
• Agile experience a significant advantage
• Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
Position: Mid-Senior Front End
Location: Century City, Cape Town
● Strong understand of responsive / adaptive development for web and mobile experience.
● A strong portfolio that shows understanding of web development and user experience.
● Adhere to good / clean front end coding standards.
Skillset must include:
■ Basic competence with Ruby on Rails and its surrounding technologies.
■ Advanced understanding of CSS / SASS are essential.
■ Understanding of HTML and CSS standards.
■ Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Proficient understanding of cross-browser and mobile compatibility issues and ways to work around them
● Proven and demonstrable experience developing web pages according to design.
● Team player and not afraid of a bit of hard-work and fun with colleagues. Ability to listen and closely work with colleagues and incorporate any feedback.
● Experience in interpreting designs to a very high standard and accuracy
● Experience in translating of UX wireframes to code and ensuring the technical feasibility.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
● Advise on optimisation tactics / best practice
● Must feel comfortable working in a collaborative team environment ● Good at pro-actively identifying and implementing new ideas/solutions ● Great communication skills ● Improving the quality and functionality of our existing systems ● Evaluating new technologies for their feasibility and usefulness ● Collaborating with other development teams and freelancers ● Continually growing, learning, and sharing as we strive to keep pushing our technical boundaries ● Manage your own time well and meet deadlines
Position: Head of Development
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Scope of role
• To lead and manage a team of software developers, supporting them in building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose.
• To develop a strategy for the team to meet the company’s goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally.
• Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy – and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Key skills and experience
• A senior level software developer (minimum 5 – 8 years development experience) with strong and successful technical lead experience
• At least 2 years experience in leading a team of developers
• Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies from at least two of the following disciplines:
o Java/C/C or similar C-based language
o Functional Programming experience (Go, Elixir (preferred) or Haskell)
o PHP, NodeJS or a similar Web scripting language
• Advanced level of understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 as well as previous iterations of these languages
• Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
• Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
• Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
• Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
Position: Full Stack Developer
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town
Salary: 600k (Negotiable)
An ambitious digital studio based in Cape Town South Africa, with a small team, a big heart and clients on five continents. Every day we create engaging online human experiences through creative web development.
Skill must haves:
● Extensive development experience for web and mobile
● Experience with Git, Linux, grunt, gulp, bower, webpack, and confidence with the command line.
● Competence with Node, PHP, Python, or Ruby on Rails and their ecosystems is advantageous
● Experience with testing is advantageous
● WordPress Experience advantageous.
● Referenceable or demonstrable experience with application level architectural principles.
● Obsessed with performance, code standards, compatibility and best practices.
● Complete dedication to continual improvement and learning.
● Appetite for new technologies and tools.
● Highly self-managing, assertive and communicative, strong Interpersonal skills orientated to working in a team.
● Experience with CI, CircleCI advantageous.
● Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Cape Town, CBD
Our client uses some of the most cutting edge technologies and development methodologies being implemented by development teams across the world, examples of which include domain driven design, micro services architecture, AMQP, CQRS over the Axon Framework, Aurelia JS, continues integration and Docker.
Crucial: Java, Spring framework, AMQP, git, MongoDB, knowledge of Domain driven design
It would be hugely beneficial to have any sort of experience in telecoms, asterisk, VoIP
Position: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Up to R1.3m
The following list highlights the key responsibilities of the CTO
Works with other departments to use new technologies to streamline company policies and rules
Conducts research to improve the technological assets of a company
Oversees IT budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures
Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
Develops and implements all internal communication systems, such as email and instant messaging
Plans and implements proper Internet usage policies for employees
Evaluates new technology and makes recommendations on technological solutions
Uses technological assets to help ease use for employees and clients
Manages any digital media assets
Consistently evaluates technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary
Makes presentations to board of directors and CEO
Directs the development and possible implementation of policies in instances of a breach, also known as disaster recovery plans
Establish governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved.
Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
Identify and implement technology trends and platforms.
Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Manage vendor relationships.
Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing.
Establish quality assurance process.
Establish an application deployment process.
Desired Skills and Experience
The CTO should be a proactive leader with the ability to not only embrace new technologies, but to be able to distinguish between potentially beneficial developments and those that are simply the flavour of the month.
Critical thinking, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate others, distinguishes a CTO from a technical team lead.
The successful applicant must also be able to demonstrate his/her analytical skills in terms of complex system design, mathematics, and software development design patterns and trending methodologies.
Finally, this being an executive position, communication skills – be it written or oral – should be excellent, unambiguous, objective, and professional.
Software Development Cloud Computing Enterprise Architecture Agile Methodologies Software Project Management System Architecture Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Open Source Software
Position: Information Security Manager – Reports to: Global Head of Information Security
Location: Cape Town
Global Information Security is responsible for the implementation and operation of a fit for purpose Information Security Management System within the group and reduction of Cyber risk across the global operation. This role sits alongside the team’s presence in North America, Asia and UK/Europe, with accountability for IT security within the Rest of World Region. Working within the South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa IT team, the Information Security Manager will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the IT security function within within the Rest of world division which includes business operations in UK , Sub-Saharan Africa, Northern Europe, The Caribbean, Eire, Lithuania, UAE, Dubai and Turkey. Day to day reporting line will be to the IT Director for Sub-Saharan Africa and Category managed by the Global Head of Information Security.
Working with the Global IS team the Information Security Manager will be accountable
● Ensures appropriate and effective Information Security Governance and Compliance is consistently applied, embedded and implements measures and metrics to monitor controls, policies, procedures and standards
● Assists regional and in-country IT leaders and other relevant managers with the effective co-ordination and execution of Information Security related internal and external audits
● Ensures that appropriate controls, policies, procedures and standards are clearly defined and exceptions are documented
● Liaises and communicates with all stakeholders to assist in the implementation, provide relevant training, mentorship and guidance to strengthen controls and adherence in respect to Information Information Security Governance and Compliance processes, policies, procedures and standards
● Analyses the impact of applicable in-country legislation and regulation to existing operating processes, policies, procedures and standards and makes recommendations for amendments as appropriate
● Monitors, facilitates, and in appropriate circumstances partakes in, remedial actions to help eliminate or mitigate Information Security Governance and Compliance risks and non compliance with legislation and regulation however so arising, including independent audit findings
● Conducts Information Security Governance and Compliance self-assessments for the region and plays an active role in
● Perform physical and logical access reviews on regional IT facilities and business systems
● Works alongside in-country IT and business leaders to implement an Information Security Awareness Programme and implements KPIs to ensure effectiveness is measured
● Development and implementation of a Global Security Management Framework within the regional context
● Development, implementation and operation of the global Information Security Incident Response Plans within the region
● Provide oversight for the development of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plans
● Implement Cyber Risk Management Process – Reduce Risk
● Manage annual security self assessment process, Ensure all IT operations within region have updated assessment and security improvement plans.
● Review Security Audit findings and make recommendations, track improvements.
● Raise security related issues on behalf of constituents.
● Recommend actions to ensure compliance with Security Policy
● Identify and ensure appropriate levels of support and funding are made available for regional and Global information security initiatives.
● Support Business with Customer Security Audit and questionnaires
Candidate will have worked in security facing roles within a large national or multinational organisation with at least 5 years experience in 2 or more of the recognised security domains below in a similar role or function. Candidate will have great communication skills, being able to relate to all levels within the organisation. Will have an eye for detail, a passion for security, a compliance and governance mindset and a pragmatic approach to solving issues , reducing risk.
1. Security and Risk Management
2. IT Governance Risk and Compliance Experience
3. IT Governance Frameworks and Standards (ITIL, CoBIT, ISO27k)
4. IT Audit Exposure and Experience
5. Software development security
6. Security Engineering
7. Communication and Network Security
8. Identity and Access Management
9. Security assessment and testing
10. Security operations
11. asset Security
Working to or achieved CISSP
Comptia Security Or equvalent
Degree Computing or Equivalent
CCSA or equivalent
Firewall Administrator certification
Relevant Security Qualification
Position: Performance Analyst
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R500k plus
This role will be a great opportunity for a suitably qualified Performance Consultant to
broaden their experience and exposure within an exciting and growing company, while
enjoying broader exposure within the South African investment management community.
On an ongoing basis, Performance Consultants provide expertise to ensure clients are
gaining maximum benefit from the system and that it meets their individual requirements. This
is achieved with regular process reviews and taking on ad-hoc projects as required.
The Performance Consultants provide support to the Sales team in demonstrations, bringing
credibility and expertise when required. The position also has significant input into the
development of our portfolio analytics products via a close link with the Product Manager(s).
Specific responsibilities include:
• To offer consulting services to the StatPro client base including performance consulting,
implementation and data consulting, process engineering and manager reviews.
• To assist with creating new consulting services and products.
• To identify opportunities for further consulting sales as well as product sales and to alert
the relevant Account Manager
• From time to time to assist with addressing client issues, and managing client
• To assist with presales demonstrating key products from time to time
• To offer coaching and knowledge transfer to other Performance Consultants
• Attend weekly Client Service meeting, offering feedback as to assigned issues
• Suitable Bachelors Qualification, showing an aptitude to quantitative analysis
• Being a CFA Charterholder would be a significant advantage, or evidence of progress
through the CFA qualification.
• CIPM an advantage
• Proven performance consultative experience
• A strong knowledge of the global equity, fixed income and derivative markets
• A good working knowledge of the performance measurement, risk and data industry
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to think logically with proven problem solving capabilities, using initiative and
• Proven ability to prioritise work and meet demanding deadlines in a pressured
environment, working quickly and accurately with tenacity and excellent attention to detail
• Good organisational and motivational skills, including ability to organise and motivate
others and work as a team
• Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally across all levels of
employees and clients
• Excellent presentation skills, combined with a professional approach and attitude
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Competitive pay rates
• Generous leave allowance
• Generous company sick pay scheme from date of joining
• Attractive work-life balance polices, including enhanced maternity/paternity provision
• Access to training and development opportunities
Position: Finance Manager
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Up to R 720k
Overall purpose of the job:
The core purpose of this job entails but is not limited to, analyse financial and accounting reporting, assist in budgeting and forecasting and providing key financial performance information and analysis to internal and external stakeholders to make informed decisions.
Description role responsibilities:
Manage /prepare the budget and profit forecast process • Preparation of the planning and execution of the annual budget process in accordance with specified timetables, including the:
o Formulation of Brand and Customer related expense and divisional overhead estimates,
o Collation of information from the various managers and
o Preparation and distribution of the budget book
• Preparation, collation and finalisation of revised estimate figures on a quarterly basis.
• Compilation and finalization of the budget / forecast income statement, delivering on the business strategies
Monthly Management Accounting Reporting and Analysis
• Analyse all management accounting expenses, profits and production numbers
• Validate and adjust transaction entries relating to management accounting
• Produce and issue reports with monthly performance analysis
• Meet with relevant managers/directors to discuss financial results reported and analysed Customer Feedback – Values Assessment
Development of new business processes to reduce cost and to assist in management decisions.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the Financial Business Model in excel
• Create and maintain all trading agreements including review and sign off
• Understands regulatory and governance requirements.
• Identifies potential risks in systems, processes and business areas before they become a problem.
• Designs, researches and proposes solutions to potential risks identified to ensure fast and effective resolution of business problems.
• Ensure close interaction with department representatives and key process owners
• Build and manage close relationships with internal initiative owners
• Liaison with the internal auditors to ensure that the audit is planned, performed and completed within agreed deadlines and budgets
Audit • Liaise with DA Group Finance on consolidated financial information
Capabilities required for the job:
Education (formal qualification required)
Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
Bcom Honours in Financial Management